Wednesday, November 10, 2010


1899 Built Brooklyn brownstone is ready exclusively for tango community. Goal is to provide a clean, safe place for tango travelers to stay during their visit in New York and feel like at home.

Features:
-Rooms have private bathrooms and most have kitchenette
-Wireless internet service.
-Central AC-Private washer/dryer for convenience.
-15ftx17ft wooden floor with 12ft ceiling for privates and practicing.
-18ftx40ft garden for relaxing.

House is located 4 1/2 short blocks from "A" experess subway train station "Utica Avenue" and there is bus between the subway station to corner every 6 minutes if you feel too tired to walk. And there is deli at each corner for food and grocery.

In order to keep the guest house safe and clean, I'm asking our visiters to follow "no street shoes in the house" policy.

For futher information please e-mail me to my fabebook account or LaCumparsitaNYC@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Best,
Elif Onural

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elif is a sweet kind and thoughtful person, and an amazing tango dancer. Everybody loves Elif in New York Tango Community. I am confident that all the guests of tango house will feel safe and very happy taken care by wonderful Elif!

Kumi

Unknown said...

Please send all inquires to lacumparsita@gmail.com
Thanks!

gyb said...

As the first official guest leaving Elif's tango guesthouse I thought to briefly share my experiences.

In short, it was a really wonderful experience, and I'd urge every tango lover visiting New York to consider staying with her! For the whole time I felt like being at home -- a true Mediterranean hosting. I arrived a bit early and left a bit late (it was difficult to wake up after the all-night milonga), but both Elif and her other tango guest were super kind and helpful during my entire stay. Elif is also up-to-date regarding tango happenings in NY, and was kind enough to offer me a ride back-and-forth to one of the milongas which we both attended. Thank you very much Elif for making my stay in NY even better!

A minor note: when I first looked around for info on the net about the guesthouse this page ( http://www.learnargentinetango.com/queertangofestival2010/artist_and_teachers.html#Elif%20Onural ) gave me the false impression that breakfast is included in the service; at least presently this is not so. (Elif did not mislead me in any way, it was my fault to not explicitly inquire earlier.) There are Deli's and other take-out places in the area, and the nearby subway can also easily take you into the city for a breakfast.

Disclosure: I haven't met Elif before, but I melted in her tango embrace!

Elif Onural said...

Thank you very much for your wonderful words Balazs. I am so grateful to have you as one of the very first guests at La Cumparsita. You are such a kind and thoughtful person that made everything so easy for me during your stay and I also loved so very much dancing with you!
I am not able to offer breakfast as default but I love company at my breakfast table to share my coffee and bagel when I'm home.
Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs,
Elif-

Patricia Keyes said...

I just spent the NYE weekend at La Cumparsita, and I cannot rave enough about this beautiful house and wonderful hostess! Elif has created an incredibly warm and welcoming guest house, the atmosphere is relaxed and inviting, the rooms are SO comfortable -I'm just worried that as word spreads, I won't be able to reserve a space! Thank you so much, Elif - I look forward to staying with you many, many more times!